12.01.2011

12 Days of Christmas Cookies -- Day 4: Soft Snickerdoodles



I've always thought that all Snickerdoodles were created equally.  I've never really been a huge fan of Snickerdoodles, although I make them every year.  They're always a bit too hard for me.  I like a soft, chewy cookie.  So, when I decided to do the 12 days of Christmas Cookies, I knew I wanted to include some traditional Christmas cookies.   So, I went on the hunt to find a Snickerdoodle recipe that makes soft, chewy Snickerdoodles.  I found one.  And, it makes some pretty delicious cookies. 

My mom helped me make these cookies (or she made these cookies while I made others, whatever), which was lots of fun!  It's been a long time since we baked Christmas cookies together.  

Source: Food.com

Here's what you need:

  • cup Butter
  • 1 1/2 cups Sugar
  • large Eggs
  • 2 3/4 cups Flour
  • teaspoons Cream of Tartar
  • teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • tablespoons Sugar
  • teaspoons Cinnamon

Here's what you do:



  • 1.  Preheat the oven to 350°F.

  • 2.  Mix the butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.

  • 3.  Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.

  • 4.  Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.

    5.  Chill dough for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.

    6.  While the dough is chilling in the fridge, also chill an ungreased cookie sheet for the same amount of time. 

         Hint:  We didn't have enough room in the fridge to fit a cookie sheet, so 
          we just sat ours outside while the dough was chilling. 

    7.  While the dough is chilling, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.

  • 8.  Roll one inch balls of dough in cinnamon and sugar mixture. 

    9.  Bake for about 10 minutes. 

    10.  Remove the cookies from the baking sheet to a cooling rack immediately upon removing them from the oven. 

    Enjoy!

  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment