12.03.2011

12 Days of Christmas Cookies -- Day 6: Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies





My birthday was not too long ago.  L-town's parents were very kind and got me this book.  Of course, I had to try one of the recipes immediately.  And, since I was in the middle of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, it worked out perfect.  These cookies turned out pretty good, but they're not my favorite.  They taste like a dark chocolate cookie.  I'm not a dark chocolate fan.  But, I ate a couple of them.  So, if you like dark chocolate, you would probably like these.  The name is quite fitting in terms of the texture -- they do have the texture of a brownie. 


Adapted from: Taste of Home Christmas Cookies & Candy


Here's what you need:
3/4 cup Butter, cubed
4 squared (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
2 cups Sugar
4 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Baking Cocoa
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips


Here's what you do:
1.  Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate. 
2.  Transfer melted butter and chocolate.  Add sugar and eggs.  Beat until smooth.
3.  Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. 
4.  Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.  
5.  Stir in chocolate chips. 
6.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  I refrigerated for a couple nights and they still turned out fine. 
7.  Before baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
8.  Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet.  
9.  Bake for about 8 minutes. 
10.  Remove from baking sheet and immediately put on cooling rack upon removing from oven. 


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment