12.08.2011

12 Days of Christmas Cookies -- Day 11: M&M Cookies





Remember when I said these Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies were too sophisticated for me?  Well, they were.  But, these cookies aren't.  These cookies are right up my alley.


When I was little I was fat.  F.A.T.  I have a hard time convincing people that it's true because I'm little now.  But, trust me I was fat.  And not cute little kid pudgy.  I was F.A.T.  I was like a miniature ginger sumo wrestler.  The miniature part related only to height.  If you don't believe me, you can ask my Aunt Jean.  Aunt Jean only says nice things about everyone.  She doesn't have a mean bone in her body.  And, she says I was fat. 


Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that fat kid lives on in this adult body. Which is why I get overly excited about things like sprinkles and frosting and M&Ms.  And, that, folks, is why M&M cookies HAD to make the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.  I have an M&M Cookie recipe, but I wanted to try a new one, just to see what else was out there.  So, I found this one and decided to give it a whirl. 


You all should know that I have finally moved into my new house. FIN-A-LLY.  Seriously, I was starting to think it would never happen.  Now, don't get me wrong.  It's not done.  At all.  But, one day I decided I was tired of paying a mortgage for a house I didn't live in.  So, I spent the next week pulling nearly all-nighters in order to get my bedroom done.  And in I moved.  


I'm currently surrounded by tons of boxes, some left over construction tools and materials, and one super stocked, super cute kitchen!  And, these cookies are the first product of my brand new refrigerator and brand new stove in my brand new kitchen.  Now, everybody "ooooh" and "aaah" and then go try these cookies.  Because they're good. 


Slightly Adapted from: Kokocooks


Here's what you need:
1 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 Egg
2 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt
2 cups M&Ms


Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°

2. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. 

3.  Beat in the egg and the vanilla.

4.  In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. 

5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. 

6.  Stir in the M&Ms.

7.  Drop cookies by about one tablespoon full onto cookie sheets. 

8.  Bake for about 10 minutes.  Remove from the oven when they are golden brown. 

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment