12.04.2011

12 Days of Christmas Cookies -- Day 7: Grinch Cookies





I saw these cookies and thought they'd be cute to try for the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.  My picture does them no justice.  They're called Grinch Cookies because they're supposed to be green.  Unfortunately, I was out of green food coloring so I combined blue and yellow.  My green was less than stellar.  But, they tasted delicious, so that makes up for the lack of color, right?  I think so.  These have a delicious minty flavor plus they have goey chocolate chips.  Perfect!  These are another cookie that are best eaten warm.  So, if yours doesn't come straight out of the oven, warm it up in the microwave before eating it.  Totally worth it. 


Adapted from:  I found this on pinterest.


Here's what you need:
2 1/2 cups Krusteaz Sugar Cookie Mix
1/2 cup Butter, softened

1/2 teaspoon Mint Extract
6 to 8 drops Green Food Color
1 Egg
28 Andes Mints, finely chopped
1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips



Here's what you do:
1.  Heat oven to 350. 

2.  Prepare the sugar cookie mix as directed. 

3.  Add mint extract and food coloring.  Mix well. 

4.  Stir in Andes Mints and Chocolate Chips

5.  Drop by teaspoon full onto cookie sheet. 

6.  Bake for about 8 minutes.  Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack immediately upon removal from oven.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment