8.02.2011

I baked cookies in my car.

Seriously.  How awesome is that!?! 

There are no recipes with this post.  But baking cookies (even store bought) in my car is blog-worthy.

Today's high temperature here was 110 degrees.  That doesn't include heat index.  If I have to endure those ridiculous temperatures, I might as well get something good out of it.  I heard a story on NPR about people baking cookies in their car, so, of course, I had to try it.  I bought store bought break-apart cookie dough.  I put them on a cookie sheet on my dashboard around 8:15 a.m.  This is what they looked like:


I came back at lunch time and they weren't quite done.  I came back again at 3:00 p.m. and they were good to go.  They were still a little big gooey at 3:00, but that's how I like them.  So, I called 'em good.

Here's what they looked like when I got done:



My coworkers and I ate them and they tasted just as good as "normal" cookies.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

ldybg610 said...

Lol... oh Callie. I would say only you, but you got the idea from somewhere so I guess not! ;)

Post a Comment