8.14.2011

Banana Bread Muffins



This one of my family's recipes.  It is meant to make Banana Bread, but I always make muffins with the dough because they're quicker to make and because they're easier to grab and go if you're planning on making this for breakfast.  I have a bad habit of buying more bananas than I can eat before they start to get bad.  So, I often find browning bananas on my countertop.  I stick those browning bananas in the freezer, and when I want to make these muffins I just pull a few out -- they are perfect for this recipe.  If you are pulling bananas out of the freezer for this recipe, be aware that they thaw rather quickly.

Here's what I used:

1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup (about 3 medium) Bananas, mashed 
2 Eggs
2 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/3 Tsp Salt

Here's what I did:

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line a Muffin Tin with liners.

2.  Cream the Butter and Sugar together.

3.  Add the Eggs to the butter/sugar mixture.

4.  Mix the bananas into the butter/sugar mixture.

5.  In a separate bowl, stir the dry ingredients together.

6.  Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ones.

7.  Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way full.

8.  Bake the muffins for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

You can add nuts to your muffins if you'd like.  I do not like nuts, so I omit them from everything.  Simply add 1/2 Cup of Nuts to the dough between step 6 and 7. 

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment