8.12.2011

Cinnamon Puffs



This recipe was supposed to be made for my book club meeting.  Of course I have try everything I make before I take it anywhere to share.  Just in case, you know?  What if something looks great, but tastes terrible? 

Well, I had one bite of one of these Cinnamon Puffs, and I was hooked.  Seriously, I decided these were too good to share (sorry book clubbers!).  I kept all of them for myself.  And I ate them all by myself.  Don't judge.  Try this recipe and you'll see.  I limited myself to one puff per day so I could stretch out the amazing oooey gooeyness for as long as possible. 

The marshmallow melts inside the puff and leaves a lovely little syrupy delight, making the puffs nice and moist.  The croissant is flaky and buttery.  And, who doesn't love cinnamon and sugar?  On everything?  That's not just me, right?  I could probably rave about these for hours and hours, but I imagine you all want me to get down to business.  So here you are:



Slightly adapted from:  The Girl Who Ate Everything

Here's what I used:

1 (8 ounce) Package refrigerated Crescent Rolls, Butter flavored

1/4 Cup Sugar

1 1/2 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon

8 large Marshmallows (not campfire sized, though)

1/4 Cup Butter, melted


Here's what I did:

1. Preheated the oven to 375 degrees and sprayed a muffin tin with cooking spray.

2.  I opened the can of crescent rolls and separated the rolls into triangles (just pull them apart - they should be perforated).

3. I combined the cinnamon and sugar in a cereal bowl and set it aside.

4.  I melted the butter in another cereal bowl.

5.  I submerged each marshmallow in the butter and then rolled it around in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. 

6.  After coating each marshmallow in cinnamon and sugar, I placed it in the center of a crescent roll triangle.

7.  I pulled the crescent roll dough triangles up around each marshmallow, sealing the edges of the roll around the marshmallow to keep the marshmallow in.  I call this a crescent roll package.

8.  I dipped the top 1/2 of each crescent roll package in the melted butter and then rolled each package around in the cinnamon and sugar.

9.  I placed each package in a separate muffin cup in my muffin pan, with the cinnamon and sugar side up.

10.  I baked these for about 13 minutes. 

These are great eaten warm, but don't eat them too quickly after you remove them from your oven because you'll burn your mouth.  And face.  Don't ask how I know that. 

After they had cooled completely, I'd warm each one in the microwave for about 15 seconds before eating them.  These go great with a small glass of milk.

Enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment