7.28.2011

Pizza Bites


This is another one of the recipes I tried for my bookclub meeting.  These were pretty good and relatively easy to make.  They were also a super simple snack food -- easy to pick up and eat, delicious, and not too messy -- that earns them extra points in my book!  I served them with a side of warmed marinara sauce. 


Another recipe adapted from: The Girl Who Ate Everything (I can't get enough of this girl!)


Here's what I used:
1 Roll refrigerated Pizza Dough
4 Ounces grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tablespoon melted Butter
3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
12 ounces diced Mozzarella Cheese
Peperoni pieces, quartered
Marinara sauce for dipping
Here's what I did:
1. Preheated the oven to 425 degrees and sprayed a large glass pie plate with cooking spray.


2. Dusted my counter tops with flour.


3. Unrolled the pizza dough onto the floured counter tops. 


4.  Stretched the pizza dough into a rectangle.  I then cut that rectangle into smaller squares using a pizza cutter.  I ended up with 26 squares.  Those of you who are better with that silly science stuff might end up with relatively evenly sized squares.  I did not.  :-) (Look at the picture above for proof)


5.  I put a block of cheese on top of each square.


6.  I placed pieces of peperoni on top of and around each block of cheese.


7.  I gathered the sides of each square together and pinched the edges together to create a seam and to hold everything inside the pizza dough bite.


8.  I put each bite into the pie plate.  There were enough of them that they were touching by the time I got through with all of them. 


9.  I melted the butter then added the garlic powder and Italian seasoning.  I mixed all of those ingredients together well.


10.  I used a pastry brush to brush the butter mixture over the tops of the pizza bites.


11.  I sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top of the rolls.


12.  I baked the bites for about 15 minutes.  Remove them from the oven when they are golden brown.


Obviously, you could modify this recipe as much as you'd like to suit your tastes.  The next time I make these bites, I'll be adding more ingredients.  As I stuffed the bites and pulled the edges together, I thought that I might have put too much cheese and pepperoni in each bite as they seemed to be bursting at the seam.  However, after I pulled them from the oven, I saw that they were not even been close to being over stuffed.  So, fill 'em to the brim!


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment