8.17.2011

Mini Pankcake Muffins



I LOVE miniature anything.  So, naturally, these caught my eye.  I gave them a shot and they were worth it - they really did taste like pancakes!  I served them with maple syrup for dipping.  Delicious!


Slightly adapted from: Bakerella


Here's what I used:


1 Cup Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Sugar
2/3 Cup Buttermilk
1 Egg
2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
1 Cup Chocolate Chips


Here's what I did:


1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Sprayed a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.


2.  Combine Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Sugar in bowl with a whisk.  Set that bowl to the side.


3.  In another bowl combine Buttermilk, Egg, Maple Syrup, and Melted Butter until combined.


4.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine.


5.  Stir in the chocolate chips.


6.  Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.


     Hint:  I used a tablespoon to scoop the batter from the bowl to the muffin 
     tins.  It ended up being just about the right about of batter and helped to
     minimize the mess.


7.  Bake for about 8-9 minutes.  Remove from the oven when they are golden brown and spring back when touched.


Let them cool for a minute or two before removing them from the pan.  Serve with regular pancake toppings.  You can add whatever filling you want.  I think blueberries would taste great.


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment