8.09.2011

Cheesy Bread



This is another recipe that I tried for the my bookclub.  It turned out pretty good.  I got the recipe from The Girl Who Ate EverythingShe calls it Bloomin' Onion Bread and says it's supposed to taste like a Bloomin' Onion from Outback Steakhouse.  While I love The Girl Who Ate Everything, I have to disagree with her on this one.  This bread was good, but, it did not taste like a Bloomin' Onion to me.  You cut this bread almost all the way through before baking it, so each person can tear away as much or as little as they like.  It is perfect for an appetizer or snack when you're entertaining.  Although I was disappointed that it didn't taste quite like a Bloomin' Onion, it still tasted really good.  And, it's ridiculously easy to make.  So, give it a shot!


Slightly adapted from: The Girl Who Ate Everything


Here's what I used:
1 unsliced loaf of Sourdough Bread
16 Ounces Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup finely diced Green Onion
2 Teaspoons Poppy Seeds

Here's what I did:
1.  Preheated the oven to 350 degrees and lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.

2.  I cut loaf of bread length wise several times and width wise several times, making a bunch of little pieces of bread.  See the picture above.  Be sure not to cut all the way through the bread, but cut as close to all the way through as possible.

3.  I sliced the cheese into very small pieces (small enough to put between each cut of bread).

4.  I put the bread on the cookie sheet. 


5.  I inserted my tiny cheese pieces in between the cuts of bread.

6.  I melted the butter.  Then I stirred in the green onions and poppy seeds.

7.  I drizzled the butter mixture over the bread.

8.  I wrapped the bread in the foil.

9.  I baked the bread for about 15 minutes.  Then I unwrapped it and baked it for about 10 more minutes.  Make sure your cheese is all melted before you pull your loaf out of the oven.


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment