7.14.2011

Bacon Ranch Chicken



I've made this recipe for years.  It is super simple and the chicken tastes delicious.  I've made this chicken on the grill outside, on the indoor kitchen grill, and in the oven.  You just can't go wrong, in my opinion.

Here's what I used:

2 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Ranch Dip Mix, dry
8 Pieces of Bacon
Shredded Colby Jack Cheese

Here's what I did:

1.  Sliced the chicken breasts into four pieces each (for a total of 8 chicken strips).  You could skip this step and buy boneless skinless chicken tenders.

2.  Rubbed the dry ranch dip mix on the outside of the pieces of chicken.

3.  Wrapped one piece of bacon around each chicken breast.  I secured the bacon with a toothpick so it didn't fall off while being cooked.

4.  Grilled for about 10 minutes.  Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through before you take it off the grill.  Cut a piece in half if you need to in order to make sure its cooked through.  Be careful not to overcook the chicken, though, or you'll end up with dry chicken.  If you would like to cook the chicken in the oven, put the chicken in a glass baking dish and bake at 350 degrees until the chicken in cooked through.

5.  Sprinkled shredded cheese on top of the chicken as soon as it is removed from the grill/oven.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Bobbie Parrett said...

Looking back at this recipe, I realized I forgot to top them with cheese. They were awesome without the cheese, by the way, but next time I am definitely adding cheese, because we are cheese lovers at our house. However, we grilled diced potatoes topped with cheese to go along with this dish, so we did get our cheese, just not on the chicken. Haha!

Post a Comment