7.02.2011

S'Mores Cookies


I was deprived of S'mores at the beginning of the summer.  I found it very traumatic.  You can read all about it hereThe result was a S'mores themed cooking frenzy.  These cookies were one of the results of that cooking frenzy.  As promised in my S'Mores Bars post, here are the S'mores Cookies I made.  These were delicious and perfect for the summer time.  And, they resulted in a conversation with a friend that went something like this:


As I was assembling the cookies to bake he walked into the kitchen. Stopped.  And stared.  For a long time.  Then he said:  "Wait a minute.  What's going on here!?!"
Me:  "What?"
Him: "Graham Crackers?  And Cookie Dough?  And Marshmallows?  AND Chocolate!?!"
Me:  "Yep."
Him:  Long pause.  "Hmmmmmmm. . . "
Me:  "Am I blowing your mind?"
Him:  "Yep.  You're blowing my mind."  Then he turned around and walked away.


I found it quite amusing.  Anyhoo. . .


Slightly adapted from: The Girl Who Ate Everything


Here's what I used:
11 Tablespoons unsalted Butter, softened
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
½ Cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 ½ Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
1-2 packages Graham Crackers, broken into squares

Here's what I did:
I Preheated the oven to 375 degrees and lined a cookie sheet with parchment paper.


I laid out the graham crackers side by side on the pan as close as possible (they should be touching).


In a bowl I whisked together the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Then I sat that bowl to the side.


In another bowl, I creamed the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy.  Then I added the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.  After that, I added the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.  Finally, I folded in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Then I stuck the dough in the refrigerator.  It needs to stay there for at least 1 hour.  It can stay for as long as overnight.  I left it there long enough to make the S'Mores Bars 

After the dough had chilled, I placed a tablespoons of dough on graham crackers about 1 – 1 ½ inches apart.  The result is that you'll have more than 1 ball of dough on each graham cracker (about three balls per 2 graham crackers).  Then I pressed down slightly on the dough with my fingertips.


I baked them for about 5 minutes.  I removed the pan from the oven and pushed the Hershey's Bar pieces into the tops of the cookies.  I then put the pan back in the oven and baked for about 6 minutes longer.  I removed the pan when the dough was turning golden brown.  Mine looked like this straight out of the oven:



 Look at the ooey gooey goodness:


I cooled them on a wire rack.  Don't cut them until they are completely cool.


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment