7.23.2011

Pink Lemonade Dessert



It's been really hot around here.  Like, 115 degree heat index.  So, I wanted a dessert that was light and refreshing.  I found it.  This is it. It's really easy to make and perfect for the summertime heat.


Adapted from: Gourmet Kosher Cooking


Here's what I used for the crust:
2 Cups Graham Cracker crumbs
½ Cup Butter, melted
2 Tablespoons White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar


Here's what I did to make the crust:
1.  Preheated the oven to 350 Degrees.


2.  Combined the graham cracker crumbs and sugars. 


3.  Added the butter.  Mixed well until the graham crackers and sugar were well moistened.


4.  Pressed the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.


5.  Baked for 7 minutes.  Removed the pan from the oven and put on a cooling rack to cool.  While the crust was cooling, I made the filling.




Here's what I used for the filling:
8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
2 Small Packages of Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 (12 ounce) Can Frozen Pink Lemonade Concentrate, thawed
2 (8 ounce) Containers frozen Whipped Topping, thawed
Red Food Coloring, optional


Here's what I did to make the filling:
1.  Beat the cream cheese and pudding mix until light and fluffy.


2.  Added lemonade concentrate to the cream cheese.  Beat until mixed well.


3.  Folded in 2 heaping cups of the whipped topping.


4.  Added red food coloring until my mixture was the color pink I desired.


5.  Poured the lemonade mixture into the cooled graham cracker crust.


6.  "Iced" the pink lemonade with the remaining whipped topping.


7.  Refrigerated for at least 2 hours.


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment