7.17.2011

Stuffed Mushrooms



I've got a Book Club meeting coming up and I'm supposed to bring snacks, so I've been trying out a bunch of different appetizer recipes.  This is the first one I tried.  I LOVE mushrooms.  So, stuffed mushrooms made sense.  This recipe is fairly simple, although there is a lot of chopping, and the result was pretty delicious. 

Adapted from: The Girl Who Ate Everything

Here's what I used:
24 White Button Mushrooms
⅓ Pound Hot Pork Sausage
½ Whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
4 Cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
8 Ounces, Cream Cheese, softened
1 Whole Egg Yolk
¾ Cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Salt And Pepper (to Taste)

Here's what I did:
1.  Put the sausage on the stove to cook and heated the oven to 350 degrees.  As the sausage was cooking, I finely diced the onions and garlic and set them aside.

2.  When the sausage was done cooking, I put it in a bowl to the side to cool.

3.  I washed all of the mushrooms and removed the stems.

4.  I finely diced the stems of the mushrooms. 

5.  I put the onions and garlic in the same pan the pork had been in and sauteed them for about 2 minutes.  I immediately added the mushroom stems and sauteed for an additional 2 minutes.

6.  I removed the onion/garlic/mushroom stem mixture from the pan and put it on a plate to the side to cool.

7.  I used an electric mixer to mix the cream cheese and egg yolk.

8.  I stirred the parmesan cheese into the cream cheese/egg mixture.

9.  I added the sausage to the mixture and stirred until mixed well.

10.  Finally, I added the onion/garlic/mushroom stem mixture and stirred well.

11.  I stuffed the inside of each mushroom with the stuffing mixture, using my fingers to press the mixture in, making sure each mushroom was stuffed as full as it could be.

12.  I put the mushrooms on a cooking sheets and put them in the oven to bake.  I left them there for about 20 to 25 minutes. 

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment