1.15.2012

$4 a Day January Challenge -- Week 2

This week I went waaaaay over my $4 per day limit.  I spent $42.23.  I had to buy mascara and eyeliner, which totally threw me over the edge.  Seriously, Cover Girl must think their stuff is like gold in a little teeeeeny tiny tube.  Cause that's how they're charging for it.  Anyway, here's what I got for $42.23:


I also had to buy a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs later in the week, which aren't pictured here.  


Here's some of the things I ate:


For breakfast, I had mostly oatmeal.  And coffee.  Lots of coffee.  But, I had some bananas that were starting to brown towards the end of the week, so I made Banana Bread Muffins.  I only baked four of the muffins and divided the rest of the batter into two containers, which I froze, so I could make more muffins later. 


Lunches were:
Yes, again.  I love my salads!


And:
A fried egg sandwich with an orange. 


For dinners I had:
 I made biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs for breakfast on Sunday and had enough left overs to have it for dinner a few nights last week. 


I also made cheese and veggie quesadillas and more of my Cilantro Lime Rice.  Nom!


For snacks I had fresh fruit and whatever junk food and candy I could find stashed at home and at work. :-)  


Although I went over my budget a lot this week, I had a lot of money left over from last week.  And, since my actual budget is $4 and some change each day, I'm only about $4.50 over my budget for the entire month so far.  So, I'll have to make that up in the coming weeks.  But, I had a lot of food left over this week that I didn't even cook, so that will totally be doable. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment