1.08.2012

Cilantro Lime Rice



(Please excuse the terrible photo.  Apparently I was so excited to eat
my cilantro lime rice that I didn't have time to take a decent pic.)


If you like Chipotle's rice, you're gonna LOVE this stuff.  It's one million times better than Chipotle's rice.  Trust me.  It's like the crack of rice. 


Apparently, it's a copycat recipe for rice served at a restaurant called Cafe Rio.  I've never been there.  But, if they serve stuff like this, eating there is going on my bucket list.  I got the recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything


I use it as a side dish for Mexican meals.  I also use it to make burrito bowls, Chipotle style.  It's simple to make and uses relatively few ingredients. 


Slightly adapted from:  The Girl Who Ate Everything


Here's what you need:
2 Tb. Butter 
1 ¼ White Rice
Juice of 2 Limes 
2 ¼ cups Chicken Broth
2 Tb. chopped fresh Cilantro
¾ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Cumin 


Here's what you do:
1.  In a sauce pan, melt the butter with the rice. 


2.  Add the juice of the limes, chicken broth, cilantro, salt, and cumin. 


3.  Bring to a boil. 


4.  Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes. 


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment