1.26.2012

$4 a Day January Challenge -- Week 3

This post is waaaay late.  I'm sorry!  Life has gotten super busy in the last couple days and I just haven't had a chance to get this done.  I all had to work and stuff.  Lame.


Anyhow, this is the break down for the third week:


Last week, the cats took up more than a third of my available money!  And, I had a little less to work with since I went over budget last week.  So, here is what I got for $26.85:


See that bag of salad?  I got that for 26 cents!  And see that box of angel hair pasta?  I got that for free.  I was on a roll!!!


Here's what I ate this week:


Breakfasts were mostly oatmeal and coffee, but there was a little bit of this too:




Can you guess what lunches were????  This, of course:

I also had some of some leftovers:

Biscuits and gravy with scrambled eggs. 

And, one day I had: 
Ramen Noodles!  Please, nobody lecture me on how unhealthy Ramen Noodles are.  I'm aware.  But, they're delicious.  And I only eat them sometimes.  Plus, I added strawberries to the meal to make it healthy.  So, there!

Dinners last week were mostly about the leftovers.  I had a little bit of a lot of things that needed to be eaten before they went bad.  So, I had: 


Leftover waffles with scrambled eggs.  (Please ignore the Christmas glass in the background.  I really need to busy some new drinking glasses.) 

Quesadilla with my Cilantro Lime Rice

I also made: 

Spaghetti with homemade garlic cheese bread and salad.

I was able to make this Cinnamon Roll Cake with stuff I had in the cabinets, so the leftovers were heated up for breakfast and snacks a time or two.


I've only got a little over a week left of my $4 challenge and it's looking like I might actually make it.  I must say, so far, this has been a lot easier than I expected.  Here's to hoping the month finishes out on that note!

0 comments:

Post a Comment