11.29.2011

12 Days of Christmas Cookies -- Day 2: Peanut Butter Cookies (with a Gluten Free option)




Generally, I dislike peanut butter cookies.  Usually they’re dry, in my opinion.    I like a soft, moist, chewy cookie.  And they don’t taste peanut buttery enough for me.  I’d much rather save the trouble of making those silly cookies and sit down with a container of peanut butter and a spoon.  My sister, Cindy, made some peanut butter cookies several years ago that I tried (mostly just to be nice).  Turns out, they were deeelicious!  They were super soft and very peanut buttery.  And, the best part, is that the recipe only calls for 4 ingredients!  I got the recipe from her and then lost it after making the cookies a few times.  Whooops!  So, this is my rendition of the recipe, from memory.

My friend Laura tells me these can be made gluten free by substituting gluten free vanilla for the regular vanilla.  Bonus!

Here’s what you need:
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla (for gluten free cookies, use gluten free vanilla)

Here’s what you do:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix all ingredients together.
3.  Roll peanut butter into 1 inch balls.
4.  Bake for about 8 minutes.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment