11.28.2011

12 Days of Christmas Cookies -- Day 1: Wedding Cake Cookies



Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, along with Black Friday, Christmas is going to be here before we know it.  So, I’m rolling out the 12 days of Christmas Cookies!  And I’m starting out with Wedding Cake Cookies – not very festive, huh?  Well, if that’s what you think, you’re wrong-o!  My friend Bobbie sent me this recipe.  I like these cookies because they are so simple to make.  They’re soft and buttery and kind of crumble in your mouth.  They kind of reminded me of Melting Moments Cookies.  They’re great for when you want a cookie that isn’t over the top sweet.

Here’s what you need:
1 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Powdered  Sugar for rolling dough in

Here’s what you do:

1.       Combine all ingredients in large bowl. (Bobbie’s hint – use your hands to mix it up.  Good tip!)
2.  Roll dough into 1-inch balls
3.  Roll each ball in additional powdered sugar to coat
4.  Bake at 350° for 15 minutes
5.  Immediately remove to cooling rack.

I added some food coloring to part of my dough (red and green) to make the cookies festive.  It was really hard to get the color all mixed in, which was disappointing at first, but I went ahead and baked them and the cookies came out marbled looking.  Unfortunately, I ate them too quickly and didn’t get a picture.  :-)  But, I promise, if you try adding food coloring, your cookies will look neat.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment