6.19.2011

Jubilee


My mom and my Aunt Pat both make this dish in Cherry.  I call it Cherry Jubilee.  I’ve also heard that this is called a dump cake?  I love the cherry version of it, but was looking for something a little different, so I decided to try blueberry as well.  The blueberry turned out just as delicious as the cherry normally does. 

It’s a super simple recipe.  Essentially fool-proof.  AND, it requires that you only dirty the pan you bake it in and a couple of pieces of silverware.  How awesome is that!?!  

Here’s what I used:
Either 26 oz Cherry Pie Filling or 21 oz Blueberry Pie Filling (I couldn't find a 26 oz in blueberry)
20 oz Crushed Pineapple                                        
1/3 of a Yellow Cake Mix, Dry
¾ - 1 stick of Butter, cubed

Here’s what I did:
I preheated the oven to 350 degrees.  I opened the pie filling and poured it into an 8 x 8 baking dish. 
I opened the pineapple and drained the juice off of the top (I didn’t drain the whole can).  Then I poured the pineapple on top of the pie filling in the baking dish.

I mixed the pie filling and pineapple together.
I put a layer of the dry cake mix on top of the pie filling/pineapple mixture.
Then I put a layer of the cubed butter on top of the dry cake mix.
            Hint:  The smaller your butter cubes, the more evenly your butter
              will disburse, which will result in a more uniform crust.  To make 
              your butter easier to cut into small cubes, toss the stick into the
              freezer for a while before you cut it up.

I baked the Jubilee for about an hour.  Watch it towards the end to make sure you don’t over cook it.  You want to take it out of the oven when the crust is nice and golden brown.  Here are what mine looked like straight out of the oven:

This is a dish that I think tastes much better completely cool than it does straight out of the oven, so I suggest letting it cool completely before digging in. 

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment